the diary of my pursuit of motherhood-ness

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dream come true?

Sorry for all the teaser titles, I can't seem to help myself! :)  That shows I'm in great spirits, right?

Well, I am! I have never felt so hopeful! In general, but also because of one instance in particular. A possible dream come true, literally.

Remember this dream?

So, it's been 16 months since I submitted my tattoo design for consultation and she said it would take about a year. In June I began thinking of popping into the shop to check on it but kept forgetting to go, thinking of it on a Saturday always eluded me, but that's when my friend (my tattoo artist's sister, who works only on Saturdays at the shop) would be there to also have a catch-up-visit. Finally, last Friday I remembered to put a reminder in my phone to go to the shop on Saturday. A few hours later she actually called me to say she had a design ready....and get this....she had taken some creative license with my design! I really didn't expect to see my vision when I arrived, but that was already a lot like my dream!

On Saturday I went and popped by, checked out my sketch and it wasn't the vision, and it wasn't exactly what I wanted either, so I made an appointment with another artist at the shop she had already talked to about it because she did more fantasy/ethereal art (they way I want my design), where as my friend's sister did more realism, art with defined lines. Anyway, so my friend and I chatted a little while I waited for my husband to come pick me up, got to talking about my newborn nephew just a few days old she had seen on Facebook and she asked me how our 'trying' was coming along.  The conversation evolved to her giving me her old digital ovulation test!

I have long gave up on the ovulation test, after being scammed out of buying one on the internet, and buying the individual testers is way too expensive.  This is such a blessing! And, how does hope for a baby came out of a visit to my tattoo shop....other than, I dreamed it first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment